Monday, May 11, 2015

Weigh In and More Jar Lunches

This week's weigh-in was: 222.2 lbs. Down 1.8lbs since last weigh-in. I am delighted. Honestly, I don't know what caused the weight-loss. I only exercised one day last week, and have not been on top of healthy eating either. But, I am grateful. Hopefully, I will be back on track this week. The 210's are so close!!! I have not been in the 210's for about 2 years now, so I hope that by the end of this month, I am firmly in the 210's. Now, that's a goal to look forward to...

Two weeks ago, I made some "not quite Mason Jar lunches", and had a good week of eating healthful meals for lunch. Last week, I didn't do this and was back to eating out or eating microwave lunches. I decided that I liked the jar lunches, and made a new batch for this week. The theme for the last batch was "Mediterranean". This week's theme is "Southwest". Here are the jars all prepped:



From bottom to top are:
Tomatillo-Lime salsa
Quinoa
Yogurt (you could use sour cream if you wished)
Chopped Tomatoes
Black Beans
Corn
Diced red Bell Pepper
Shredded Cheddar Cheese

I also have lettuce, hard boiled eggs and avocado to add to the salad to bulk them up further. I like the idea of all these ingredients together, and am looking forward to eating them this week. Next week's theme is going to be "Asian Peanut Salad". Check it out HERE.

2 comments:

Christina @ Love Yourself Healthy said...

Ooh, these sound tasty! I might have to jump on the jarred salad bandwagon soon--I just worry that I'll get tired of it or that the ingredients won't be as fresh-tasting by the end of the week.

Unknown said...

Good points! I have been enjoying them so far. I have been making 5 at a time - one for each weekday, but I haven't so far eaten them every day - if there are leftovers or something else that I fancy, I will do that. And I didn't get tired of the previous batch. I think I preferred the Mediterranean themed jars better than the Southwest, although these ones are quite good as well. I found that my last batch stayed fresh for about 1.5 weeks. I did not add the greens to the jar, though and don't know how that would change things. But for me the biggest plus is that I can get a week's worth of lunches prepared in about 10 min. Can't beat that. It also ensures that I have something healthy on hand to eat at work. Stops me from going out and buying lunch - better for wallet and waistline! :-)

Post a Comment