Tuesday, May 12, 2015

NSV and Crustless Mini Quiches

I had an NSV this morning. I tried on a pair of capris that I had bought around Feb-ish when I was still around 235-ish +/- 3 lbs. They fit, but were really tight around my tummy (my problem area), and hips. When I tried them on this morning, lo and behold they fit much looser on my waist. That's definitely an NSV. I need more of those since I am trying to get away from relying only on the scale to measure progress. When I look in the mirror, I don't see much difference. So, it was quite delightful to try on the capris and feel so comfortable in them. I am wearing them to work today!

On Sunday, I decided to make some crustless mini quiche-bites to eat for breakfast in the mornings. I'm posting the recipe below. I am pleased with how they came out for what they are. However, the next time, I am going to add some flour and make mini popovers instead of quiches. That would be a bit more carb-y, but I like the texture of popovers a whole lot better. While these were tasty, and heated up really well for breakfast, they are a bit more "squeaky" than I like them to be. I wonder if the recipe would be improved by adding some heavy cream or cottage cheese like you might in a real quiche. So, in reality, these are "baked muffin shaped omelettes" really!

INGREDIENTS: Eggs, finely chopped Kale and Spinach, shredded Carrots; diced Onions; shredded Cheddar Cheese; Oregano; (and unphotographed Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder)

Beat the eggs together. Add all the other ingredients and mix well.

Spoon into a greased mini-muffin tin. Mine makes 12 servings.

Bake at 350F on the center rack until they get brown and look like they are done. Cool on a rack.
Serve with some salsa or hot sauce.

And here is the food for yesterday:
BREAKFAST
Mini Crustless Veggie Quiches; Orange

SNACK
Hummus & Carrots

LUNCH
"Southwest" Jar Lunch w. Egg, 1/2 Avocado, Lettuce

SNACK
Pre-Workout snack of Chipotle Cheese, Balsamic-Basil Triscuits

DINNER
Barley-Kale Pesto Salad; Roasted Curried Cauliflower & Chipckpeas
Unphotographed 1/4 cup Icecream, Air-popped Popcorn with a dab of butter

EXERCISE
1 Hour Body Sculpt Class

2 comments:

Christina @ Love Yourself Healthy said...

That's an awesome NSV!!! I can't wait until I start fitting in to more of my smaller clothes! Looks like you had a good food day; your "baked muffin shaped omelettes" look delicious, and convenient. You're becoming an awesome meal-prepper!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Christina. NSVs are great!!! The quiche/omelette bites are very convenient! I am just starting to accept that the key to get me to eat healthy is to prepare and not give me an excuse to not eat healthy or to skip breakfast (which I do a lot). Of course I don't intend to eat clean rigidly or all the time, but prepping helps keep my meals on-track for the most part. :-)

Post a Comment