Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Struggling

I'm struggling today. Ate a bunch of cookies this morning. Why can't I just do what's good for my body? At this point, it's more than just about losing weight - I know my body can't process this amount of carbs and sugar correctly and I am causing serious damage to myself. Why do I have to have cookies that I would not have had if no one had brought them to work in the first place! Also having my period, back to 221.4 (I know - bloat and what not), and feeling irrationally pessimistic.

Yesterday was better.

BREAKFAST
Greek Yogurt w. Caramelized Almonds

SNACK
Cucumber chips w. Roasted Garlic Hummus

LUNCH
Two small slices of Veg. Pizza
Salad w. Spinach, Tomatoes, Yellow Pepper, Cashews, Goat Cheese
Watermelon

SNACK
On my way home, Carls Junior called to me. Jalapeno Poppers w. Ranch Sauce. They were blah. The ranch sauce was so awful I didn't have any.

DINNER
Lebanese Fattoush Salad - I had two servings of this.

And one of these - I ate it before I remembered that I didn't take a pic.

LATE NIGHT SNACKS
Home-popped Popcorn w. Nutritional Yeast
4 Minuet tea biscuits
1 mini Quesadilla - 2 small corn tortillas w. a slice of mozarella.

3 comments:

Christina @ Love Yourself Healthy said...

I'm sorry you're having a bad day! I'd go ahead and just blame it all on your period (mine also started today, I wonder if it's possible to sync up over the internet? Haha). Do you have a blood sugar monitor yet? It might help to be able to see hard evidence of how the cookies affect you--like, "Whoa, that caused my blood sugar to jump up to 250!" Also, be kind to yourself :) Remember you're having to change a lot of things with the diabetes diagnosis--you shouldn't expect yourself to be 100% perfect, but you can strive to do your best. I hope the rest of your day gets better!

divad said...

Hang in there! Put it behind you and strive to make the next choice, the best one for you!

Unknown said...

Thank you both for your support. Christina, I didn't have a blood glucose monitor when I wrote this post, but got one yesterday - and you are right! Seeing the numbers does give me pause. I made good food choices this morning, and took pictures. I have noticed that when I don't take pics, I allow myself to eat more. :-(

Post a Comment