Monday, February 24, 2014

Weekly Weigh-in #3

Weigh-ed in today. The scale said 234.4lbs. That means I have had my first weekly weight-gain. It's only 0.2 lbs, so I am thankful.

I went on a rather strenuous hike yesterday. Strenuous for me, that is. It was a moderate hike of 1.1 miles. The last third of the hike was rocky and I did a lot of climbing. At one point, I felt nauseous. My friend L with whom I was hiking was wonderful - we stopped for breaks a lot - which made her late for a lunch date. However, we both encourage each other a lot - which is truly wonderful. It's nice to have a hiking buddy. It felt like an accomplishment. Endomondo said that we used about 1200 calories. I estimate that it was actually a bit higher than that - for my weight. Imagine what it will be like to take the same hike with about 50lbs less weight on me!!! I'll get there eventually...

I spent the rest of Sunday lazing. I watched Julie and Julia. Nice movie - lots of food and very drool-worthy. I wish I could cook and eat like that!!! How did they manage left-overs? To cook 524 recipes a year, they must have chucked out all their leftovers or they would never be able to finish on time. Anyway, it was a good movie. I liked it.

Goal for today - 3 meals, 3 snacks. Cooking something with kale this evening. Don't know what yet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment