Saturday, January 2, 2016

Another Year, Another Beginning

I have been away from my blog for a while. Things have been a bit chaotic at my end and I went through about a three month period of depression. It was hard to find the motivation to do anything some days. Other days, I would start well only to find myself crashing in the evenings. I eat to soothe my emotions, so there were plenty of binges. However, I have been working on some of the things that have been impacting my mood. I've made some changes, let some things go, am prioritizing self-care, and things are starting to look up somewhat. I am not sure if things are resolved necessarily, but they are better than they were in September.

In any case, I am motivated to make a new start. So, here is what has happened food/exercise wise since I last posted in October - I gained 5.0lbs. That is not horrible, although less than desirable. I actually was hovering around the 219-220lbs mark for a couple of months when between Thanksgiving and New Year, I gained 5lbs. It's the holidays, it happens. I hope to lose it and then some. I got a Fitbit for Christmas, and this has been motivating me so far, anyway.

So, here are my broad New Year's Resolutions:

(1) Live a more purposeful/mindful life
(2) More self-care - reading, friendships, pampering myself
(3) Lose a significant amount of weight

The above goals are vague, I know. As I go along, I will set smaller and more concrete goals. I want to talk about the last goal a bit more. I usually don't like to be bound by weight-related goals. There is a reason for this one that I will talk about in one of my next posts.

So, for now what does this mean food/fitness wise:

(1) 5x/week achieve my Fitbit goals of 10,000 steps and 10 flights of stairs
(2) 5x/week eat a salad for a meal
(3) 3x/week do some upper-body/arms exercises
(4) Eat more frequent smaller meals to help with BG
(5) Check my BG before each meal and after one of my meals daily

HAPPY NEW YEAR, everyone!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Great goals!! You can do this! :)

Christina @ Love Yourself Healthy said...

Hooray! Glad to have you back :)

Post a Comment