Saturday, January 2, 2016

January 1, 2016

Don and I heralded in the New Year at a friend's place. We went to a Vietnamese restaurant for dinner with one of our couple friends, and then headed to another couple friends' place for an NYE get together. It was just us and them. The man in that couple is from Mexico, and he made some yummy, really authentic Mexican salsa and black beans to snack on with chips. I found myself really sleepy and had to drink some coffee to stay awake. About 10pm-ish, I found myself wide awake and really enjoying myself. There was much merriment and laughter because this couple is really really funny. I drank half a glass of champagne at midnight. We left around 1:15am, and fell asleep about 1:45am.

I woke up on New Year's Day at about 10am. It felt really nice to have slept in. It was freezing cold outside, but our bedroom window faces south and the sun was out making the bedroom warm and comfortable. I debated starting the New Year with some sort of detox or fast. That shows you how much preparation I did if that was the first time I was thinking about it. I talked with Don about it, and he suggested that rather than fast or rush into a detox without any preparation, that I resolve to eat homemade food and eat small meals regularly. Thank goodness for a sensible husband!

I stayed in bed longer - reading, napping and lounging about in the warmth. Don brought me some lavender and tulsi tea. By the time I got myself something to eat, I was ravenous. I decided to eat leftovers. Then it was back to bed for more lazy-time. Just around sundown, Don and I went for a short hike and I followed that up with a long walk to get my 10000 steps. I only climbed 3 flights of stairs, but the hike that we went on was so steep that my Fitbit logged it as 17 flights of stairs!!!! I did well on the exercise front, and on eating small-ish meals, but did eat some non-homemade stuff.

LUNCH
Leftover Vietnamese Fried Rice

DINNER
Carrot-Tofu Enchiladas w. Queso Fresco and Homemade Salsa

DINNER
I slept in late, so I was up till about 3:45am. I felt hungry later and snacked on a small slice of cheese pizza and some homemade Indian dessert called Kalakand.

EXERCISE
10,106 steps
20 flight of stairs (17 of this was a very steep hike)

4 comments:

Lori said...

Yum! I've never tried Vietnamese food! Great job with your steps and stairs. I never can get that much....ever :)

#fatfreefloozy said...

i love when you are out and feel tired and then you suddenly get a second wind to party on! What a lovey , intimate NYE!

Unknown said...

#FFF - yes, it was lovely! Thank you so much for visiting my blog.

Lori - you should try it! I particularly like French-Vietnamese Bahn-Mi sandwiches. Getting 10,000 steps is a challenge! And time consuming! I hope I can keep it up once I get back to work after the holiday and once the newness of the Fitbit and the New Year wears off!

Christina @ Love Yourself Healthy said...

Sounds like a wonderful New Year's Eve and Day! I love quiet, relaxing holidays :)

Post a Comment