Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Free Chex Chips

I picked up a free bag of Chex Chips at 7-11 today. If you have a smartphone, you can download their mobile app and make an account to get this special offer. There is a "Redeem" button. Don't click on this until you get to the store and have the bag in hand because the offer is only valid for 15 minutes after you click the "Redeem " button. Valid till 1/31 or until supplies last. Free stuff - who can resist?

Anyway, I got the "Cinnamon and Sugar" flavor. I think there is a cheesy flavor as well, but my local 7-11 were out of it. I will be reviewing this today. I have never done a review for a food item before. Very exciting! Here goes -


These are giant, puffy chips that are shaped like the Chex rice squares, except these are about 10 times as large. I'd say they are more a "puff" than a "chip". They are multigrain, and sugar is the 8th ingredient. It's not very sweet, but is sweet enough - which I like because I find most sweet snacks to be really sweet. It is also slightly salty, so it's a good mix of a sweet-salty taste. They taste distinctively of cinnamon, but not overpoweringly so. I like that the nutritional information at the back is for the entire pouch. This makes it easy for me since I am not naturally the kind of person who does not eat an entire pouch of snacks. (Who ARE these people?!?!?!?!) And talking about size, this is not a super large bag - it's 1.5ozs. That's a good size snack, I think. I ate half of this as a mid-morning snack (see - I can portion out snacks. It's just that it does not come naturally to me) The downside may be the price. While I got this for free at the 7-11, I saw that it costs $1.79. That's a bit much for 1.5ozs of a snack in my opinion. So, overall, I would say it's definitely worth a try. And there is also another cheesy version if you prefer savory instead of sweet.

Here is the non-free nosh:

Wake-Up Snack. 5:15am
Tea w. Milk and Splenda
2 semolina rusks

Breakfast. 6:30am
Puttu, Black Chickpeas

Mid-morning Snack. 9:45am
10 rice crackers, 2oz cheddar cheese


Mid-morning Snack. 11:15am

1/2 bag of Cinnamon Sugar Chex Chips

Lunch. 12:50pm
Rice, chickpea curry
Water Crackers x4

Snack @ Meeting. 4:20pm
1/2 Bagel w. cream cheese

Dinner. 7:50pm
Rice w. Vegetable stir-fry

1 piece nougat 
1 piece almond chocolate
1/2 cup fat-free vanilla icecream

0 comments:

Post a Comment