Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Tuesday: Day 1

I woke up this morning really excited about the 7-Day Challenge. I briefly considered whether I should call it a "challenge". On the face of it, it does not seem like much of a challenge - it's just being more mindful of how and how much I eat/exercise. I am not cutting out anything drastic and so on... Then I realized that it is only Day #1, and I already have challenges. My eating habits and self-control are often terrible when it comes to eating out and eating junk food. Add to that that I had two occasions when I would be "eating out" today - lunch with a co-worker, and our anniversary dinner date. Challenging already...

Then I made a couple of choices I am proud of. Firstly, I didn't throw my hands up and say, "Well, today is doomed anyway. I'll start the challenge tomorrow." Secondly, I asked my co-worker if we could eat in our offices instead of going out. She was very amenable to this. We both had some lunches in the freezer, and we ended up eating and then taking a 15 min walk after that. Sadly, it was a microwaveable lunch and not something less processed, but I did avoid going out and eating a humungous portion of something that I didn't know had how many carbs/sugars in it. I also saved some $$.

When I came to work today, I put some carrots and some wild plums that Don picked for me into a bowl and left it on my desk. I figured if I had some fruit/veggies on hand, then I am less likely to dip into my cracker stash should I want a snack. Easier to stick with the challenge this way. Here it is:

Dinner was really nice. We went to an Indian restaurant. Following dinner, we went to watch a movie Ex Machina. We both really enjoyed it and would recommend it. It's thrilling, but also quite depressing. Then we stopped at McDonalds and picked up an apple pie and icecream for dessert. McDonald's dessert has got to be the most non-clean-living thing ever. But this was my treat meal, so I don't care. :-)

BREAKFAST
Scrambled Eggs with Tomato and Onion; Milk Tea

LUNCH
Microwaveable lunch; Carrots

DINNER
Masala Tea w/o sugar; Rice, Naan, Paneer Tikka Masala

1/2 an apple pie; 1/2 small icecream cone.

EXERCISE
Forwent exercise for Ex Machina

2 comments:

Christina @ Love Yourself Healthy said...

Great idea to put the produce right on your desk! Your dinner looks amazing--I love Indian food so much! I can make a few dishes at home, but it's not the same as a restaurant. I love that you fancied up your apple pie and ice cream by putting it in a bowl; it's the little touches that can make all the difference!

Unknown said...

I know - I feel fuller most of the time - and it's a good way to get my veggies in. Fancying up the icecream/apple pie was fun - Don did it - I sat back and was served apple pie and icecream in a bowl. :-)

Post a Comment