Thursday, July 16, 2015

Back

Hello All

I am back from vacation. The plan for vacation didn't go at all like planned. :-( This is what I said before I left:

"I'll post as I can while I am away, but regular posts will be back when I am too. In the meantime, I'll keep a written food log. I will also make sure to exercise as I can. Lots of food will be involved, and I will talk about what I did to manage things when I got back. Weigh in yesterday was 218.2lbs."

Well, let's see - I didn't post at all! I was having way too much fun just relaxing and doing nothing - sorry about that! I didn't keep a written food blog. About half the days I was gone, I ate well and moderately. The rest of the days involved eating out, eating meals others had cooked, celebrating my birthday, etc. I could have chosen to stay on track these days, but decided that I wasn't going to, and I am perfectly okay with that. I had great fun. What was not so good however, is that I was not regularly checking my blood glucose levels. Exercising happened a few days - maybe 3 in the last 3 weeks. Not much, sadly. And finally, it is no surprise that I gained weight. I gained 3.6lbs. That is not a tremendous weight, and I think I'll be able to get it off in about a month.

I had a few NSV's when people I met on vacation noticed that I had lost weight. My sister who did not see me for 9 months, definitely noticed the difference. I also wore a dress - I don't like wearing dresses much because although I LOVEEEEE the idea of wearing dresses, I don't often find dresses that fit me, and dresses frequently highlight the part of the body that I dislike the most - my midsection. But, I wore a dress. And although I was not a 100% comfortable with it, the folks I was with kept telling me I looked good in it. That is good enough for me!

Now, it's back to non-holiday food and portioning my meals and checking BG regularly. Here's the food from yesterday:

BREAKFAST
Moong Dal Dosa and Gongura Pachadi my sister sent home with me.

LUNCH
Santa-Fe Rice and Beans

SNACK
String Cheese, Mary's Gone Crackers

DINNER
Veggie Chilli and Herbed Mashed Potatoes. I ended up eating only half of these mashed potatoes.
Handful of freshly picked blackberries (unphotographed)

1 comments:

Christina @ Love Yourself Healthy said...

Welcome back! I've missed you :) 3.6lbs is not bad at all for 3 weeks of vacation--I could do that in a week, lol! You'll have it off within a few weeks. I'm glad you had such a nice time with your family, and were able to just enjoy yourself.

Post a Comment