Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Tough Day Yesterday, Feeling Empowered Today

Yesterday was tough for a variety of reasons. Some healthcare visits, my car, work - tough time everywhere. Also, I was working till 9pm. It was a 13 hour day!!! I did have a short period of respite in the middle of the day when I joined an online diabetes community and posted an introductory message. Then, this happened:



I cried my eyes out when I read that. I was already on edge and that just set me off into tears. Then this happened:


After work, I went home and I cried some more. D. was very reassuring and said some angry stuff that made me laugh. When I woke up this morning, I asked myself how I felt. I felt bullied and scolded. So, I logged on and said so:
No response from him to that yet. But, I feel much better.

I used to wonder why people took internet bullying so seriously - I mean some kids kill themselves over more serious and prolonged internet haranguing! I used to wonder how something someone faceless who means nothing to you says could significantly impact you. Now I know. I don't know why I cared so much - but I know now how it feels.

BREAKFAST
Overnight Oats w. Strawberries and Almond Milk

LUNCH
Salad w. Spinach, Yellow Tomatoes, Red and Yellow Bell Peppers, Cheese, Garbanzos, Cashews, Sauteed Tofu and Lite Raspberry-Pomegranate Vinaigrette

SNACK
Chipotle Cheese, Mini Rice Crackers (1/3rd portion)
Unphotographed Veggies & Broccoli Dip

DINNER
1c. Lentil Barley Veggie soup

I read on the forum that eating a protein snack just before you go to sleep can help with night-time blood glucose. So, I made this thing I read about - crustless pizza. Just add 1/2 cup of mozzarella to a skillet - add desired toppings and let it bubble until the edges get brown. Then cool a bit - remove from pan and slice. It tastes just like pizza without the carbs.

2 comments:

Christina @ Love Yourself Healthy said...

That commenter on the forum was really mean! I'm glad other people chimed in and offered helpful advice--and that you stood up for yourself! You'll have to update us on their response to your post :) That pizza snack looks delicious--sometimes when I make grilled cheese for the kids, I put some sprinkles of cheese on the pan to melt down for me to eat, lol. Melted cheese is so good! Have you tried making a cauliflower pizza crust? I've heard it's really good--I'm adding it to my meal plan for next week.

Unknown said...

Christina, melted cheese is WONDERFUL!!! I love it. I also love melted and slightly crusted cream cheese - like what comes out of jalapeno poppers when you toast them for too long. :-) Thanks for your support.

I have not made cauliflower crust. I looked at a recipe, and it looked a bit complicated. Will you post pictures and a review if you try it? Maybe if you think it's not too complicated, I'll make it too.

Post a Comment